I grew up close to the beaches in Zeeland, the south of Holland. Since I was a little boy I always have been drawing, acting all kinds of different theatrical characters and playing music on my guitar and trumpet. Up until this day I have never stopped doing this.
I’m always creating new ideas and concepts, associating and connecting dots and thoughts, playing around and trying out new things. Regularly, I throw myself into the deep to find fresh inspiration and to face a new challenge I can learn from.
My work can be described as theatrical, authentic, full of color and atmosphere with playful details.
My clients vary from international publishers, professional musicians and artists, cultural organizations, animation studios to different kind of businesses.
Since I love to share my knowledge and passion, I also offer creative and business advice to art academy students, aspiring and colleague illustrators.
Do you like to know more about me?
awards & Highlights
• Winner PZC Publieksprijs 2016 | children’s book De Tuinen van Ginder
• Finalist Zinnen Roës Award 2016 | children’s book De Tuinen van Ginder
• International Educational Learning Resources Award 2014/2015 project Bingel
• London Book Fair International Excellence Award 2014/2015 project Bingel
• New York 3×3 Magazine | International picture book show | 2014/2015
• London Showcase 100 | illustration exhibition | 2014/2015
• 200 Best Illustrators Worldwide 09/10′ | Luerzer’s Archive | 2009
published children’s books
• Het meisje met de zwavelstokjes | Efteling Gouden Boekje | Rubinstein
• De prinses op de erwt | Efteling Gouden Boekje | Rubinstein
• De Tuinen van Ginder | Rieks Veenker | Palmslag
• Witte en het wilde paard | Bouke Oldenhof | Azul Kids
• Kwijt | Mark Haayema | Azul Kids
• De Veerman van Den Briel | Zilveren Boekje | Rubinstein
• Save the Day | Holland | CJ Education
• The Nutcracker | CJ Education
• The Little Tailor | CJ Education
• Jason en de Argonauten | René Groothof | BISK