A few months ago I discovered this great creative business class by graphic webdesigner Paul Jarvis, called Creative Class. I found this class to be a really good investment for my freelance career as an illustrator and graphic designer.
The course is set up very clearly. Step by step, Paul will guide you through the fundamental stages of building your own brand. I highly recommend this course to any freelance creative who want to start his of her own business or bring it to a higher, more professional level.
Watch Paul's introduction video here:
About the Creative Class course:
The toughest part of freelancing isn’t the actual work. It’s the stuff that enables you to DO your work, like business, marketing & sales.
We’re talking clients. Pricing. Landing projects. Getting paid. Managing revisions (endless revisions). Finding your audience and connecting with them in a way that feels right for you. If you’re like most freelancers, it’s the business stuff that keeps you awake at night, not the actual writing, programming, coaching or designing. That’s where the Creative Class comes in.
In just 12, self-paced online lessons, you’ll learn the business of freelancing. Start to finish. Most importantly, you’ll know how to immediately apply what you’ve learned.
The Creative Class is different
It’s clear and totally actionable. When you’ve finished the 12 lessons, you’ll know exactly what you need to do – and how to do it. From defining a niche to creating a killer portfolio to pricing your services, we’ll shine a light into every corner of your business and create a plan to make it better. It doesn’t matter if you’re just starting out or you’re ready to level up, you’ll learn how to earn more money, streamline your processes, and ultimately, put the freedom back in freelancing. After all, isn’t that the point?
You’ll learn how to...
• Define your niche, so you can stand out as the “go-to” person who’s always in demand and commands higher pay.
• Use research to pinpoint precisely what your audience needs, so you can use their language to pitch and sell your services.
• Set up clear processes, so you and your clients know exactly what to expect throughout a project.
• Collect helpful feedback, so you don’t get stuck in endless draft revisions, code changes or logo size increases.
• Price by value, so you don’t get punished for being skilled and efficient.
• Connect with your audience, so you’re not only on their radar, but they’re eager to hire you.
• Build a long-lasting freelance career you don’t end up hating.
Creative Class includes:
• Lifetime access to all 12 lessons in video, audiobook and written format.
• Loads of bonus materials, including spreadsheets, workbooks, audio extras, and more.
• Slack Channel, where you can connect with hundreds of other freelancers to chat, brainstorm, talk pricing, get feedback, and share cat GIFs (no judgment).
• 12 months free from Invision (their starter plan) and other discounts from FlyWheel, GoSquared, UnBounce, Typeform and more.
• Expert interviews that include: Brennan Dunn, Kathleen Shannon, Mikael Cho, Daniel Mall, Marie Poulin, Lauren Hooker and more.
Who’s this class for?
Freelancers, obviously, but more specifically, people who use their creative skills to attract and serve clients online. Think web designers, developers, software creators, coaches, writers, commercial artists, and more.
What if I’m just starting out?
This class is designed for folks who’ve been freelancing for a little while, but the processes will work for beginners as well. In fact, starting fresh might work in your favour, because you haven’t had time to establish bad habits.
How are the lessons paced?
There are no drips, delays or scheduling constraints. if you want to tear through the materials in one day, go for it! Or, take your time and act on each lesson before proceeding to another. It’s your call.